Monday, February 21, 2011

Day Twenty-Six: Ephesians 1-3

I love the way that Paul prays for the Ephesians in 1.18: “I pray that you hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called...”
Most of the time, we walk around in the dark.  

Leonardo da Vinci once said that the average person “looks without seeing, listens without hearing, touches without feeling, eats without tasting, inhales without an awareness of odor of fragrance, and talks without thinking.”  

Isn’t it amazing that you can be alive without really living?  That you can live as if you don’t have a soul?  Amazing and scary.
But it doesn’t have to be that way!  God gave you a soul, and with your soul the capacity to know him.  Our hearts are darkened, but when the gospel is preached, when Jesus is presented, it is like God says to our souls, “let there be light!”  
The light in our hearts gets brighter the more we look at God.  As we behold him, as we see his beauty and his love, our souls get bigger, our vision clearer.  And suddenly we begin to see him and his hand in more and more places.  And in moments of grace, we begin to see him everywhere.
I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light.
Lord, I pray that my heart will be flooded with light.  May I see you and your work everywhere I look.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment